Lent discussion group on Prayer
Thur 15th Mar
Variety in Ways to Pray
Thur 22nd Mar
Formerly a Congregational Church, the church has met for worship for since 1858, initially in a room at the Wheelwright’s shop, which was on the site of the present ‘Wheatsheaf’ public house. The fellowship moved further up Heath Road to a room in what is now a newsagents. The original building on the present site was constructed in 1900 and on 5th December 1900 the opening ceremony took place.
The Church was affiliated to Queen Street, Chester and was to remain so until early in 1947. After close consultations, the Deacons and members of Upton Congregational Church unanimously decided to make a call for a Minister of their own and thus became independent for the first time.
A church hall was built on in 1965. With the closure of Northgate Congregational Church in 1967 and many of their members joining us, a need to extend was apparent and the sanctuary and hall were increased in size in 1969 and now provides seating for around 200 worshippers. In 1976, further rooms and toilet facilities were added at the back of the church.